Under 11 Red Match Stories 2017/18

Claydon - Away

Saturday 23rd September 2017

South Suffolk Youth League


Team: Jack, Devon, Kian, Ollie, Hugo, Leonardo, Lucas, Max(c).

Not the best start to the match turning up with only 8 players this week. After a little team talk the match started. We knew it would be hard knowing that Claydon had a good team in the past and playing with 9 and having 4 fresh sets of legs to come on when needed it would be tough today. Leonardo grabbed the ball and went on a dazzling run beating 4 players and getting a shot away going just past the post with only 1 minute gone. The ball was going back and forth with pressure mounting our end Claydon grabbed a goal on 3 minutes when we should have cleared the ball 1-0.

Felixstowe did not drop their heads and got hold of the ball passing it around lovely, the ball was dinked over the top by Hugo for speedy Max to run onto and get his shot away only for it to flash past the post again. The boys were rewarded with their persistence and determination when Hugo put a lovely through ball through for Lucas to calmly slot the ball home on 6 minutes game on 1-1.

The game carried on as it started with a high tempo only for Claydon to carve out a good goal to put us behind 9 minutes gone 2-1. Claydon had a couple of corners bringing out good saves from Jack. The boys knew we had a good chance to get back into this game working well up and down the wings passing it around and not letting their heads drop.

Claydon hit the ball up top trying to catch us out only for us to mess up what looked a easy clearance with 3 players on the ball Claydon somehow got the ball to score and put us 3-1 down on 25 minutes. With half time looming Leonardo went down the wing to get a cross come shot away to hit the side netting. Half time 3-1 down.

After talking to the boys and being proud of them for their hard work and determination in that half. The score could of easily been the other way round. Change of keeper and positions for a couple of players the second half was away. Some great saves tipping it around the post by Leonardo, Claydon kept pressing on our goal but some great defensive work from Devon, Kian, Hugo and Ollie kept them out we went up the other end for Hugo to put 2 lovely crosses in for jack to get a glancing header away and a fierce shot away from Devon just going wide.

Claydon hit the ball up and over us as we were trying to get the goal we needed to get back in it. We had Lucus on hand to make two great challenges and clear it, two more great shouts and with our new linesman Stuart for the game, the offside trap worked in our favour. Eventually the 4 subs that Claydon had with fresh legs every time they come on made our hard work come to an end as they scored 3 quick goals in 5 minutes. Our boys were finally done and looked gutted but carried on till the final whistle 6-1.

Thank you to Claydon’s coaches, players & supporters who also commented on how well we had done today. Stuart, thank you for doing the line and our traveling fans for your support. unlucky today boy’s great effort all round really proud of you.

Result 6-1

Attendance 31.


Framlingham - Away

Saturday 16th September 2017

South Suffolk Youth League

Team/squad:-Jack,Ollie(c), Max, Kian,Devon, Hugo, Alex, Leonardo, Henry, Lucas, Rowan & Zack.
Second game of the season away to Framlingham.The boys started the game with a high tempo which is how they finished last week's game, some early pressure from the boys resulted in a couple of good efforts on target from Hugo and Max.
With Max looking very surprised he can shoot with his left foot, it  resulted in some good saves from Fram 'keeper. Not long later Max was rewarded with a good through ball running onto it to calmly slotting it home on 5 minutes.
Framlingham stepped up from the restart and we failed to clear our lines, they were back in it 1-1 with only 7 minutes gone. The game evened out with some good saves from both 'keepers, also good play from both sets of players.We stepped up a gear pressing the Framlingham goal which resulted in Hugo having a good run and finishing well to put us 2-1 up on 27 minutes.
Half time came and time for some wise words from coach Stu. Back out for the second half we carried on as we finished the first, running down the left flank with captain Ollie being brought down. He dusted himself off and set the ball down for the free kick. Up steps Ollie he curls the ball over the wall and into the roof of the net. Some people said it took a slight deflection off the other team but it was goal bound and can't take it off him 3-1 on 32 minutes.
We were producing some lovely football down the wings with Devon starting to stand out and attach his man, getting a couple of shots away. Framlingham were far from out of the game still hammering shots on our goal they were rewarded on 45minutes for their hard work with a fine goal - 3-2 now. Not knowing how this was going to end up the ball was going from end to end so fast Framlingham had 2 goals disallowed for offside in quick succession.
Good defending/off side trap and two very good calls from our number one linesman Giggsy today. The referee had a very good game and after spotting a rabbit hole in the pitch Giggsy went digging around for some soil to fill it, only for him to run up the line later and fall in the new hole or just slip over, what ever it was it brought a smile to the fans that side.
Finally we managed to kill the game off when Ollie let a thunder bolt go from the right hand side across the goal into the bottom corner 4-2 up on 52 minutes.We managed to see the game out with a bit of luck as the whole midfield thought they were up front to win the game 4-2.
Overall the team/squad played really well and are starting to gel and use the bigger pitch.We are lucky to have a squad that are all able to play their part when called upon.
A big thank to the away team coaches and all the home/away surporters.
Attendance 25.
The future is bright it's Red & White